In simple terms, double pane windows have two panes of glass welded into a frame parallel to each other. The panes are then set into a frame just like normal windows. Double-pane windows are beneficial as they add to a home’s value and save energy as well as money.
Below is a list of certain benefits of installing double pane windows:
- Superior insulation: Double pane windows offer superior insulation to home by keeping it warm during winters and cool in the hot summer season. Proper insulation is directly equivalent to high energy efficiency that also results in lowering of electricity bills. Your heating and cooling systems do not have to work very hard, which is an added benefit.
- Helps in saving money: Since double pane windows are highly energy-efficient, they can reduce energy usage to a great extent. You have the options of installing clear glass, double-pane vinyl or wood-framed windows and see a drop in your electricity bills.
- Keeps away outside noise: Double pane windows can add to your privacy by keeping away outside noise. Since there is an extra layer of glass in the window, you cannot hear any sounds coming from outside. This helps in promoting a comfortable ambience inside your home.
- Less window condensation: Single pane windows cause inefficient transfer of heat in your home because of the heavy condensation that occurs during the cold winter months. By installing double pane windows in your home, you will notice minimal window condensation. This assists in maintaining a constant temperature inside the home.
- Benefits the environment: Apart from providing the benefit of saving money, double pane windows also safeguard our environment. You burn less fossil fuel and also create less greenhouse gas emissions. This is a good thing for our planet that can be of great help in the coming years.
- Better wind resistance: During the winter months, cold winds can enter inside your home causing the temperatures to drop further. However, installing double pane windows can help you get rid of this problem as they offer much better wind resistance as compared to the other types of panes.
- Less chances of getting damaged: The double pane windows are solid as they are made by joining two panes of glass. Therefore, there is a lesser chance that external factors such as a heavy windstorm or a flying object damage them.
For double pane window installation in your Killeen, TX based home, contact Triple Crown Glass & Mirror. We can be contacted at (254) 931-7961.
The quality of windows installed in your home has a great impact on the interior temperature and utility bills. Correctly installed windows can keep your home cooler in summer months by preventing the loss of cool air. On the other hand, they also keep your home warm during the winter season and prevent the outside cold air from entering inside. Therefore, always choose windows that maintain an even temperature inside your property and cause minimum or zero energy loss.
Below is a list of certain questions that you need to ask when installing new windows:
What products you use in window manufacturing?
The market is currently flooded with latest technology that makes the windows thermally more efficient and durable. You about the technology used in making the windows. Conduct a thorough research before arriving at a particular conclusion.
Are the windows energy efficient?
ENERGY STAR windows are the best in terms of energy savings and can significantly cut down your utility bills. ENERGY STAR is the trusted symbol for energy efficiency that protects the environment from the harmful effects of pollution.
What is the type of glass used?
Most of the latest windows come equipped with double-pane glass. However, you can opt for additional features such as: a low E-coating and argon gas between the window panes. This glass comes in two types wherein one is made for cold climates and the other is designed to be compatible with warmer climates. You need to choose according to the weather in your city.
How will you install the windows?
The windows need to be installed properly so that they save energy in the most efficient manner. Ask the technician about the complete process of installing the windows. It is necessary to have an experienced company for providing high-quality window installation in your home otherwise the advantages will be lost.
What is the level of after-service?
You should ask if the spare parts of your new windows will be easily available in the market. Also confirm if the weather-stripping can be replaced once it wears out. In case of glass breakage or fog, what will be the replacement cost? Only after getting a satisfactory answer to these questions, should you get new window installations.
Can I have customized windows?
A window installation company should give you the choice of having customized windows for your home. So, you need to ask this question beforehand if you want to get personalized windows in bespoke shapes and sizes. You can also take your choose from various colors to add to the curb appeal and overall architecture of your home.
What are the warranties?
Always ask for warranties on the new window installations that you will be getting. Ideally, you should look to have a warranty that provides glass replacement coverage for up to 20 years.
For energy efficient windows in Killeen, TX, get in touch with Triple Crown Glass & Mirror. For more information, you can call at (254) 931 – 7961 or visit 2020 S IH 35, Belton, TX 76513.
Nowadays, there are a huge variety of glass patio doors available in the market. According to the interiors of your home and budget on hand, you can choose from distinctive styles available in this category. You can opt for a sliding glass patio door, a hinged one or even a folding door depending on your taste.
Below is a list of certain tips that can guide you in finding the right glass patio door:
- Sliding glass doors: Two-framed glass panels slide past each other in this type of patio door. Available in multitude styles, these types of patio doors lend a contemporary and modern look to any home. One of the major advantages associated with these types of doors is that they provide a wide opening to the patio.
- French doors: These types of doors are basically divided into two broad categories. These are: in-swing and out-swing. Since you will require floor space for the in-swing door, you need to consider the space at hand before opting for one. You will also have to suitably place your furniture according to the space your French patio door will take up. On the other hand, out-swing doors do not affect furniture placement but are more suitable for places where screening isn’t mandatory.
- French slider: This is a variation of the sliding glass door and it combines the positive aspects of a sliding door with the look and appeal of a French door. This door has four panels with the outer panels fixed in place and the two inner panels being operative. This creates the look of a hinged door when you close the door. Also, these doors have an opening that can be wider than a normal sliding door.
- Folding glass doors: One of the main benefits of folding glass patio doors is that they provide a large opening. The folding glass doors can be set up in a way that one of the panels is hinged. This eventually means you don’t have to open the door completely while coming in or going out. This door can act like a standard door and eliminate the distinction between the interior and exterior of a room.
- Cost: This is an important factor when it comes to selecting the right glass patio door. As far as the French doors are concerned, their cost depends on the material, type of glass used, finishing and hardware etc. However, you will have to shell out a minimum of $1000 for a patio door in this category. On the other hand, a sliding glass patio door will cost less as compared to French doors. This is because it has lesser machinery and mechanism involved, so you can buy it for approximately $500.