A shower enclosure can become the focal point in a bathroom if you choose the right style and design. Having a shower enclosure in the bathroom not only improves functionality but also enhances the overall look. Nowadays, a myriad options of shower enclosures are available in the market. You can take your pick from frameless shower enclosures or the framed ones, depending on what you prefer.
The different types of shower enclosures are:
- Sliding Enclosure: This type of shower enclosure works best when you are short on space and do not have room for a swinging door. A sliding glass door will not only save space but also accentuate the appearance of your bathroom. You can easily customize the sliding glass door according to your requirements. For those looking to have an enclosure on a small budget, a partially frameless sliding door is the best bet.
- Frameless Glass Shower Enclosure: One of the most flexible options, a frameless glass shower enclosure looks contemporary and lends a sleek touch to any bathroom. The glass looks elegant and is a great way to showcase your bathroom. Not only this, a frameless glass shower enclosure is extremely easy to maintain as well. You can also opt for baked glass shower enclosure that does not let foam or water spots settle on it.
- Framed Enclosure: Framed enclosures are a very good choice if you are looking for something stylish and low on cost. The latest varieties in framed enclosures include the ones with chrome finishing. On the other hand, a rubbed-bronze frame works best if you are looking for something traditional for your shower enclosure.
- Glass block Shower Enclosure: Glass block shower enclosures consist of textured patterns on the blocks that give a sparkling look to the bathroom. Installing a glass block shower enclosure also ensures that you do not have to get a door. Choose from a multitude of designs, colors and block styles.
- Aluminum And Glass Shower Enclosure: In this type of shower enclosure, the glass panels are fitted into an aluminum frame to provide a varied feel in the bathroom. The size of the glass panels can be the same as that of the tiles in your bathroom. This will spruce up your shower area and make it look appealing.
- Textured Glass Enclosure: Glass with texture is becoming very popular nowadays when it comes to shower enclosures. The beautiful textures provide privacy and also create the ambience of a spa. Another advantage of textured glass is that it makes the bathroom appear larger while providing the requisite privacy.
For shower enclosures for your Killeen, TX based home, contact Triple Crown Glass & Mirror. We can be reached at (254) 304 – 6112.
A shower enclosure is an important point of attraction in the bathroom. Therefore, always opt for a shower enclosure that enhances your bathroom and is in consonance with your style. With a huge variety of materials and styles available, it can be a bit confusing to decide which shower enclosure will look best in your bathroom.
Below is a list of certain stylish options for shower enclosures to choose from:
- Frameless glass shower enclosure: These types of shower enclosures are popular because of their modern and sleek designing. Frameless enclosures give graceful and classy look to the bathroom. With very less maintenance, you can definitely show off your bathroom with this shower enclosure.
- Tub enclosure: You can have fun options in shower enclosures even if you have a tub. Use tempered hinged glass that is durable and does not get damaged. You can even opt for frosted look on the tempered glass or have a combination of frosted and clear glass. This will not only lend some privacy but also look creative and stylish.
- Aluminum glass shower enclosure: Glass panels set in aluminum frames are a unique option when it comes to choosing glass shower enclosures. The combination of metal and glass provides the shower enclosure with a varied appeal. You have the freedom to go in for a shower enclosure that has glass fitted in a single frame or multiple small frames to match the look of tiles in your bathroom.
- Sliding enclosure: If you are short on space and cannot have a swinging door in your shower enclosure, choose the stylish sliding enclosure. Sliding doors are flexible and can be easily adjusted according to the space at hand. You can comfortably display your shower while still having ample space for other bathroom fixtures and accessories. A frameless sliding door is a good option for those looking for a sliding door within their budget.
- Textured glass enclosure: These will lend just the perfect amount of privacy and style to your beautiful bathroom. The beautiful textures on the glass provide the effect of a spa when water falls on them. Not only this, your bathroom will also appear more spacious than it actually is.
- Glass block shower enclosure: If you don’t want to have a door, it is best to opt for a glass block shower enclosure. With textured patterns on the blocks, a glass block shower enclosure looks very attractive. Glass block surrounds are versatile and lend a neat and clean look to your bathroom. You can choose from a variety of block styles and colors available in the market.
Consult the shower enclosure specialists at Triple Crown Glass & Mirror to know the most suitable options for your bathroom. We can be contacted at (254) 931-7961.
A glass shower enclosure is the preferred choice of most people who want to remodel their bathrooms. These enclosures are not only trendy but also give your bathroom a modern look. However, excessive wear and tear or low maintenance may affect their quality. In order to prolong the life of your glass enclosures, you must mend them whenever needed.
Mentioned below are some signs that your glass shower enclosure requires immediate repair.
Sliding doors move out of the track – The shower enclosures with sliding doors not only look trendy but also saves a lot of space in the bathroom. With usage, these doors lose their lubrication and hence show difficulty while sliding. When neglected, the doors tend to move off the track and do not close, which may leave the bathroom wet and moist. To fix this problem you must consider contacting the professionals.
Some doors refuse to shut – Excessive use may loosen the hinges and screws, which often fallout from the door. These fitting problems slacken the door and disrupt its functioning. Users often think that shutting the door with force may solve their problem but, that never happens. The condition may get worsened if the glass breaks, thus it is important to take the help of technicians and get it repaired as soon as possible.
Cracks and Scratches – A sudden blow from a hard object or exposure to excessive temperature can lead to a crack in your glass shower enclosure. A minor scratch caused by the contact of a sharp object may also grow into a deep fissure at a later stage, ruining the prettiness of your shower enclosures. Therefore, it is recommended that you must get the cracks and scratches treated immediately.
Leaking doors – Sometimes improper installation of the glasses in the shower enclosures may lead to minor leakage issues in the doors. Spaces may get created between the fittings, which may not allow the glass to seal properly, causing the water to flow out of the door. This matter must be addressed to the professionals on priority so that they can repair the protective sealant of your glass.
Rusted hardware – With frequent contact with water, the metal elements used to fix and fit the shower enclosure may get rusted. These corroded fixtures lead to malfunctioning of the door and do not let them open or shut properly. The faulty shower enclosure provides no benefit and leaves the bathroom wet and damp. Make sure that all the door joints are in proper condition. In case you witness rusted elements, get them replaced by the experts. It would be a wise idea to use the fixtures made up of stainless steel which do not corrode soon.
Discoloration- The bathroom offers most favorable conditions for the molds to grow over the glass door surfaces which may cause discoloration of the doors. Other major reasons include accumulation of dust, water and soap buildup. As a result, the doors tend to lose their shine and luster with time. Discoloration may also occur due to improper installation, which doesn’t allow the glass to seal properly. While there are cleaning agents that can fix this problem, in order to get back the shiny appearance of your shower enclosures you must take the help from experts. They use the right tools and techniques to clean up the glass surfaces and extract the accumulated dirt and soap buildups.
We, at Triple Crown Glass & Mirror, offer glass shower enclosure repair services in Belton, TX. The technicians also have extensive experience in installing all types of shower enclosures. For more information, you can call at (254) 931 – 7961 or visit 2020 S IH 35, Belton, TX 76513.
Having a glass shower door can completely transform the look of your bathroom. However, it can easily accumulate dirt and grime. It is essential to clean the glass shower door regularly to avoid dust-buildup and make it look new.
Glass shower doors are available in a wide range of options. Frameless enclosures are easier to clean as compared to framed ones. You must choose a suitable glass shower doors according to your requirements.
Here are a few tips which can help to keep your glass shower enclosures clean.
Keep The Glass Dry
It is important to squeegee down the glass door after every shower. It will keep the glass dry and prevent settling of the water droplets. The water comprises of certain minerals which get deposited on the glass, making it hard to clean them. Thus, wiping off the glass shower door with the help of a sponge will keep it spotless and clean.
Make Use Of Commercial Cleaners
There are a number of cleaning products available these days. Make sure you choose the one that does not have harmful chemicals. You should spray the cleaner on the glass and wipe it off. This will remove stubborn stains, smudges and dirt from the door. However, you must go through the instructions mentioned on the label to ensure thorough cleaning.
Home Remedies Can Be Helpful
Certain home remedies can be followed to keep your shower doors clean. You can mix one part vinegar with four parts water to form a solution. Spray this mixture on the glass shower enclosures to remove all stains, dirt and grime. Bleach can also be an effective method to clean the glass door and prevent the growth of mold or mildew. Make sure you apply these mixtures once in a week for best results.
You can use a paste of baking soda as well as water to remove stains and clean your glass shower door. It will help to deodorize your bathroom. A mixture of lemon juice and salt can also be beneficial to clean the rust. You can scrape off the corners of the metal frame with the help of a toothbrush. Let the mixture settle before rinsing it with warm water.
Proper Ventilation Is Important
To ensure adequate ventilation in the bathroom, you can open the door and turn on the fan. It will fasten the drying process and avoid water stains. This will also help to maintain your health while keeping infections at bay.
Fabric Softener Sheet Should Be Used
Fabric softener sheets help to break up the stains on the glass shower doors. You just need to use one sheet to wipe off the water droplets and stains, leaving the door completely clean and dry. This is an easy way to maintain your shower enclosure in an efficient manner.
Don’t Use Cotton Rags Or Paper Towels
Use microfiber cloth instead of cotton rags and the paper towels. When you clean the glass, the synthetic fibers in the cloth rub together. This creates a static charge between them which helps to attract dust and dirt. Also microfibers do not cause any scratch or mark on the glass as compared to cotton rags and towels.
Apply A Protector
To prolong the life of the glass, you can apply a protector. It is a cost effective alternative and acts as a long term solution to maintain your glass shower enclosure. A protector can help to remove the hard stains and restore the shine of the glass.
Glass shower enclosures can be a good option to improve the visual appearance of your home. They can also help to provide a spacious look to your bathroom. However, cleaning glass shower enclosures are important. With the above mentioned tips, you will be able to keep your glass shower doors stain-free. You can even hire professional services to keep your glass shower doors spick and span.
Triple Crown Glass & Mirror is a leading company offering a wide range of glass shower enclosures in Belton, TX. The technicians will help you to maintain the shower door in a better way. For more information, you can call at (254) 931 – 7961 or visit 2020 S IH 35, Belton, TX 76513.
If you are planning to renovate your bathroom, installing glass shower enclosure can be a good option. It can not only enhance the functionality but also make your bathroom look brighter and visually appealing. However, with a myriad of options available these days, it often becomes difficult to make the right choice.
Given below are few frequently asked questions which can help you to choose a suitable glass shower enclosure:
How to find a reputable glass shower enclosure company?
You must research thoroughly and read online reviews about the company. Taking feedback of your friends or family who have already installed the glass shower enclosures, can be beneficial for you.
How to keep your glass shower doors clean?
You should use a soft, lint-free cloth to keep the glass clean. Make sure you do not use any abrasive chemicals or coarse brushes. You can use a squeegee or towel to remove excess water from the glass. Practice these tips regularly to maintain your enclosure efficiently.
What is the difference between framed and frameless glass shower enclosure?
In a framed glass shower enclosure, the metal provides stability and structure to the entire structure. They are highly effective against water leaks. Frameless glass shower enclosures does not have a frame. They are easy to clean and maintain.
Should I use clear glass, frosted or a textured glass?
The type of glass differs according to its thickness and style. You can choose the one based on your preferences.
- Clear glass: It is transparent with a slight green tint. It allows maximum light enhancing the ventilation in the bathroom.
- Frosted glass: This glass is opaque, making the bathroom look larger.
- Textured glass: The translucent glass improves the aesthetic appearance of your bathroom.
Does every company offers free estimate?
Most of the companies provide free estimate over the phone. However, you must clear your doubts from the staff before buying glass shower enclosures.
How much do glass shower enclosure cost?
The cost of the glass shower enclosures depends on various factors such as size and type of the door installed. The thickness and quality of the glass used also determines the cost of the enclosure.
What kind of finishing should be used?
Make sure the finishing you choose, matches the color theme and décor of your home. It ranges from stainless steel, brushed nickel, oil rubbed bronze, brass, polished nickel etc. the technicians at the company may also help you choose the right kind of finishing for your home.
Can glass shower enclosures be customized?
Yes, they can be customized. Make sure you mention your requirements including budget, the type of glass and its thickness. The technicians will measure the size of your bathroom and the space available to design customized glass shower enclosures.
What type of shower door do most people use?
Most people use frameless glass shower enclosures. However, it depends on your personal preferences and budget.
Do frameless doors leak?
If the doors are properly installed, they will never leak. Make sure you hire a trustable company to get the glass shower enclosures installed in your home.
The above mentioned questions can help you make the right decision regarding the purchase of a glass shower enclosure.
We, at Triple Crown Glass & Mirror, provide a wide range of glass shower enclosures in Belton, TX. The technicians can help you choose the most suitable shower door for your home. For more information, you can call at (254) 931 – 7961 or visit 2020 S IH 35, Belton, TX 76513.