There are myriad choices when it comes to choosing a stylish and suitable shower enclosures for your bathroom. You can take your pick from large walk-in enclosures or quadrant shower enclosures. Depending on the design of your bathroom and the space available, it is important to select the right shower enclosure. Below is guide for buying a shower enclosure for your bathroom:
- The amount of space in your bathroom: Before deciding on a particular shower enclosure for your bathroom, you need to consider if you are going to have it in the main bathroom or a separate shower room. You also need to be clear about the type of shower enclosure you want depending on what can easily fit in the space available in your bathroom. You can have a shower enclosure even in a small bathroom after accurately measuring the height and width.
- Know your budget: There are a variety of shower enclosures available in the market nowadays. There is something suitable for every pocket and style. But you need to ensure that you buy the best quality shower enclosure for your bathroom. Carry out research about a particular brand and read the customer reviews online before finalizing a particular shower enclosure.
- Types of shower enclosures: Some of the most common types of shower enclosures include: recessed shower enclosure, quadrant shower enclosure, offset quadrant shower enclosure, walk-in showers and corner shower enclosures. While a recessed shower enclosure requires only a door and is space-saving, the walk-in showers can be installed if you want to make a style statement. The quadrant shower enclosure also offers a great space-saving solution.
- Type of glass: There are different options available in the type of glass that can be used for a shower enclosure. The glass needs to be of high quality so as to ensure a longer shelf life. Aim to buy at least 8mm or 10 mm tempered glass as it is highly durable and long-lasting. If you want to have a thicker glass for your shower enclosure, keep in mind that it will need more support because of its extra weight. For those who have a low budget, it is best to opt for a glass of 4mm or 6mm thickness.
- Selecting the shower door: When it comes to choosing the shower door, you can take your pick from a pivot shower door, sliding shower door or bifold shower door. The pivot shower doors open outwards from the shower enclosure and thereby help in saving space in the showering area. On the other hand, sliding shower doors work best by saving the internal as well as external space. The bifold shower doors open inside the showering area with a folding mechanism. They can be easily maneuvered and help in saving the external bathroom space.