The quality of windows installed in your home has a great impact on the interior temperature and utility bills. Correctly installed windows can keep your home cooler in summer months by preventing the loss of cool air. On the other hand, they also keep your home warm during the winter season and prevent the outside cold air from entering inside. Therefore, always choose windows that maintain an even temperature inside your property and cause minimum or zero energy loss.
Below is a list of certain questions that you need to ask when installing new windows:
What products you use in window manufacturing?
The market is currently flooded with latest technology that makes the windows thermally more efficient and durable. You about the technology used in making the windows. Conduct a thorough research before arriving at a particular conclusion.
Are the windows energy efficient?
ENERGY STAR windows are the best in terms of energy savings and can significantly cut down your utility bills. ENERGY STAR is the trusted symbol for energy efficiency that protects the environment from the harmful effects of pollution.
What is the type of glass used?
Most of the latest windows come equipped with double-pane glass. However, you can opt for additional features such as: a low E-coating and argon gas between the window panes. This glass comes in two types wherein one is made for cold climates and the other is designed to be compatible with warmer climates. You need to choose according to the weather in your city.
How will you install the windows?
The windows need to be installed properly so that they save energy in the most efficient manner. Ask the technician about the complete process of installing the windows. It is necessary to have an experienced company for providing high-quality window installation in your home otherwise the advantages will be lost.
What is the level of after-service?
You should ask if the spare parts of your new windows will be easily available in the market. Also confirm if the weather-stripping can be replaced once it wears out. In case of glass breakage or fog, what will be the replacement cost? Only after getting a satisfactory answer to these questions, should you get new window installations.
Can I have customized windows?
A window installation company should give you the choice of having customized windows for your home. So, you need to ask this question beforehand if you want to get personalized windows in bespoke shapes and sizes. You can also take your choose from various colors to add to the curb appeal and overall architecture of your home.
What are the warranties?
Always ask for warranties on the new window installations that you will be getting. Ideally, you should look to have a warranty that provides glass replacement coverage for up to 20 years.
For energy efficient windows in Killeen, TX, get in touch with Triple Crown Glass & Mirror. For more information, you can call at (254) 931 – 7961 or visit 2020 S IH 35, Belton, TX 76513.
With temperatures already begun to drop in Killeen, TX, you may be looking for ways to keep your home warm during the winter season. However, if you have glass windows and doors, they may call for some extra effort from your side so that you are able to maintain a consistent temperature inside the home.
Condensation On Inside Of The Glass
The windows and doors are generally the coolest part of your home and when the warm air from inside comes in contact with the freezing glass surface, it leads to the formation of condensation. Windows near the bathroom, laundry room and kitchen are most likely to have condensation on their glass. Though it does not indicate damage to the glass, it is important to wipe them regularly in order to avoid any sort of damage to the frame.
Moisture Between The Layers Of Glass
If you observe fogging or moisture trapped between the layers of the glass, it may be indicative of a broken window seal. This implies that, the seal that binds the glass layers together is not air-tight which is causing the moisture to enter inside. The windows and doors may also become unable to maintain the indoor temperature of the home. In such situations, you may need to opt for complete window or glass replacement services.
Ice On The Window Glass
Icy windows and doors is another common problem faced by most homeowners in Killeen. Moreover, if you have single pane doors or windows, there are higher chances of ice formation due to the lack of an insulating barrier between the interior and exterior of the home. Double pane windows may form ice as a result of glass seal failure or the presence of too many drafts. Window replacement is generally the most viable solution in such cases.
Tips To Keep Your Glass Doors & Windows Maintained
Wash The Windows
Though many people are reluctant to wash their glass windows and doors during the winters, this is the most crucial step in keeping them properly maintained. In the absence of regular cleaning, dirt and debris may accumulate over time, leading to scratches on the glass. It may also loosen the seal of the glass with the frame.
To wash your glass windows and doors, you can take a soap solution to extract the dirt. Avoid cleaning glass when it is directly exposed to sunlight as this will quickly dry out the foam and form smudges on the window/door. Once you have washed the glass, remove all the cleaning solution. Wipe the excess water and remove smudges with a soft lint free cloth.
Inspect The Windows Frequently
Ideally, you should inspect your glass windows and doors quite often, it is specifically important to be done before the start of the winter season. Carefully check for any broken seals, cracks or gaps between the glass and window frame. Open and close the window/door to check if there is any problem in its functioning. The locks should also be working properly.
Stop Any Airflow
Drafty windows is another problem that most people face during the winter season. You should get the window replaced to eliminate the drafts. However, if it is not a major problem, there are certain steps you need to take to keep your home properly insulated. Caulking or weather stripping is a quick fix to drafty windows. You can also consider covering the window/door with a plastic sheet or film strip.
Hanging a thick layer of curtains can minimize the loss of heat from the home. They will also help to absorb the moisture and prevent the formation of condensation on the glass doors or windows. Open the windows during day time to let the sunlight enter and reduce the humidity level inside the home. All vents should be working properly and fireplace dampers should be opened to provide an escape for the excess moisture.
Triple Crown Glass & Mirror offers high quality glass repair and replacement services in Killeen, TX. We offer the best-in-class glass solutions that will increase the aesthetic appeal and energy efficiency of your home or office. For more information, feel free to call us at (254) 931 – 7961.
With the fall season just around the corner, now is the best time to inspect your windows and prepare them for the colder months ahead. Regular maintenance will help to extend the lifespan of your windows and avoid any unexpected replacement costs. Temperature fluctuations, dust as well as debris can take a toll on your windows, causing it to wear and tear much quickly. By following some simple maintenance tips, you can protect your windows against these harsh elements and enhance the look of your home.
Given below are some steps you need to take in order to extend the life of your windows:
Conduct A Routine Inspection
As a part of your regular home care routine, you must also inspect the windows to identify any signs of damage. Check for any rotten wood, rusted metal, moisture between the panes etc. Open and close the window to ascertain that all the moving parts are working correctly. Any mechanical problem may indicate that a part has been damaged and needs to be replaced.
Clean Your Windows
Though cleaning the windows helps to improve the overall look and visibility of the glass, it is also important for proper maintenance. Therefore, you should thoroughly clean the window glass, frame, casing as well as other parts to prevent the buildup of dirt and debris. If you have wooden windows, wipe them off using a damp cloth. Avoid using too much water as it may lead to rotting of the wood. Aluminum, fiberglass or vinyl windows should be cleaned with a mild detergent solution.
Weather-stripping procedures are helpful in preventing loss of warm air in winters as well as keeping your home during summers. This, in turn, increases the energy efficiency of your home and lowers your electricity bills. Window sealants also protect against water leakage and mold growth. Gaps around the window seals must be repaired timely to avoid air and water leaks. It will also increase the durability of your windows by tightly keeping them in place.
Wooden and metal windows should be repainted after every few years. However, the frequency of repainting may depend upon the local weather and the current condition of your windows. Repainting will protect them against dirt, dust, rust and rot. Make sure you do not paint over the moving parts of the window as it may cause them to get jammed.
Triple Crown Glass & Mirror is a leading window repair company serving Killeen, TX. For more tips on window maintenance and repair, you can call us at (254) 931 – 7961.
Windows not only improve the aesthetic appeal but also enhances the ventilation in the house. Therefore, it is important that you keep them properly maintained. However, regular wear and tear and harsh weather conditions can damage the structures in the window. Make sure you identify the extent of damage and repair the window immediately. You can even seek professional assistance to get your window repaired.
Here are a few signs indicating that you need to hire window repair services:
- Moisture damage: Increase in moisture can lead to growth of molds on the windows. It can further damage the physical structure of the windows and call for immediate repairs. If left unrepaired, it can also lead to various health issues.
- Cracked window: Harsh weather conditions, aging, excessive noise from the exteriors etc. can lead to the formation of cracks in the windows. You can consider replacing the windows if they have been severely damaged.
- Damage to window frame: Rotten wood can cause damage to the window frame which can further lead to water and air leakage in the house. Getting window repaired on time is important to prevent the problem from worsening.
- Condensation between glass panes: Extreme temperatures can often result in expansion and contraction of air. This can lead to formation of water droplets on the interior surface of the glass, causing damage to the window seals.
- Inoperable windows: If your window fails to open or close properly, it is high time to get it repaired. It can be due to daily wear and tear, debris built up, problem in the hinges, locks etc. The physical damage can even result in higher utility bills since the air conditioning or heating system functionality can get affected.
- Broken panes: If your window pane is broken partially or completely, it is essential to get it repaired in order to prevent any potential injury. The glass can break due to sudden impact or harsh weather conditions such as storms.
- Old windows: If you have been using the same windows for more than 10 years, it is important to get them repaired. You can even consider replacement since new windows can help in cutting down your energy costs.
Triple Crown & Glass Mirror is a leading window repair company serving Killeen, TX. The technicians have extensive experience in repairing single pane, double pane, plate glass, sliding, tilt, casement windows etc. For more information, you can call at (254) 931-7961.
When your home or office windows are not functioning properly or have been damaged due to storm, hail, cracks etc., it is important that you hire a professional to get them repaired. A lot of people often tend to carry out the repair task on their own or simply replace the window glass. However, there are a number of components, such as frame, glass, head, sash etc., which may make the window inoperable. Identifying and fixing the underlying problem is essential to make sure your windows are fully functional.
Given below are a few reasons you should hire a professional window repair company:
- Knowledge: Window repair experts have a complete knowledge and training to handle both minor and major issues. They are familiar with the safety measures to be followed to avoid any accidents during the repair process. They have the expertise to identify the exact problem in any part of the window and guide you on the most feasible repair or replacement options available.
- Access To Proper Tools And Equipment: Professional window repair technicians come fully equipped with all the tools required to complete the job. They work as a team while adhering to all the safety precautions, particularly while performing repairs in high rise buildings. The technicians also have a complete stock of window parts and hardware needed to complete the repair work.
- Save Time And Money: Though you might think you can save money by repairing the window on your own, it may end up costing more eventually. Also, in the absence of proper knowledge and tools, it may consume a lot of your time. Leaving the task to the professionals will not only save time, but also help you avoid unnecessary expenses caused due to any damage caused while handling the repairs yourself.
- Guaranteed Repairs: When you hire a window repair company, it will offer you complete warranty on the parts, materials and other hardware used in the process. This assures you of the authenticity of the parts as well as the quality of their repair work. They will make sure that your windows are optimally functioning, thereby maintaining your home’s temperature and helping you save on energy bills.
We, at Triple Crown Glass & Mirror, offer efficient window repair services in Killeen, TX. We specialize in repairing a wide range of window types such as single pane, double pane, sliding, double hung, bay windows etc. for both residential and commercial properties. For more information about our services, feel free to call us at (254) 931 – 7961.