Nowadays, there are a huge variety of glass patio doors available in the market. According to the interiors of your home and budget on hand, you can choose from distinctive styles available in this category. You can opt for a sliding glass patio door, a hinged one or even a folding door depending on your taste.
Below is a list of certain tips that can guide you in finding the right glass patio door:
- Sliding glass doors: Two-framed glass panels slide past each other in this type of patio door. Available in multitude styles, these types of patio doors lend a contemporary and modern look to any home. One of the major advantages associated with these types of doors is that they provide a wide opening to the patio.
- French doors: These types of doors are basically divided into two broad categories. These are: in-swing and out-swing. Since you will require floor space for the in-swing door, you need to consider the space at hand before opting for one. You will also have to suitably place your furniture according to the space your French patio door will take up. On the other hand, out-swing doors do not affect furniture placement but are more suitable for places where screening isn’t mandatory.
- French slider: This is a variation of the sliding glass door and it combines the positive aspects of a sliding door with the look and appeal of a French door. This door has four panels with the outer panels fixed in place and the two inner panels being operative. This creates the look of a hinged door when you close the door. Also, these doors have an opening that can be wider than a normal sliding door.
- Folding glass doors: One of the main benefits of folding glass patio doors is that they provide a large opening. The folding glass doors can be set up in a way that one of the panels is hinged. This eventually means you don’t have to open the door completely while coming in or going out. This door can act like a standard door and eliminate the distinction between the interior and exterior of a room.
- Cost: This is an important factor when it comes to selecting the right glass patio door. As far as the French doors are concerned, their cost depends on the material, type of glass used, finishing and hardware etc. However, you will have to shell out a minimum of $1000 for a patio door in this category. On the other hand, a sliding glass patio door will cost less as compared to French doors. This is because it has lesser machinery and mechanism involved, so you can buy it for approximately $500.